10/18/12

Tasty Thursday! The top 5 must have kitchen tools!

You guys know that I absolutely love to cook! I am preparing meals for my family pretty much every night and I started thinking what are the top 5 things that I couldn't live without?

There are the top 5 tools I reach for just about every time I cook these days!





#1 The KitchenAid Mixer! 


I absolutely love this appliance. It really does enhance the quality and ease of preparing what you already know how to make and opens you up to a whole new world of possibilities!

It comes in tons of colors so you really can personalize the look of your kitchen. The mixer also has lots of attachments like a food grinder, a grain mill, a pasta press, and tons more!

The power and versatility of this machine makes it my favorite kitchen appliance for everyday use!

You can find the mixer on Amazon for around $269.00! !





#2 The Cuisinart Hand Blender!


This hand blender is a serious time saver! It compact and can easily blend even the toughest of recipes right in their own bowl. The chopper attachment also works great as a mini food processor for things like onions and peppers. It's also great for smoothies, shakes, sauces, etc. 

The Cusinart Hand Blender makes easy work out of any blending or small chopping job! 

You can finder the Hand Blender on Amazon for around $33.00!







#3 The Proctor Silex Electric Kettle!


This kettle is amazing! It boils water super quickly we are talking 5 minutes flat. It has an automatic shut off and dry boil protection. The best part is the detachable cord so you can carry to the table to serve your family or guests. I use it all of the time for things like tea, instant coffee, hot chocolate, ramen noodles, and oatmeal.

You can find the Electric Kettle on Amazon for around $15.00!










#4 The Nesco Food Dehydrator!


I really love the taste of fresh food but it's not always practical in terms of preservation. In comes the dehyrator. I can grow my little herbs outside in pots and when they are ready bring them in and dehyrate them to make my own seasoning mixes. I also love making granola for my family so I really like to throw in banana chips or dried fruit to make it even more healthy!

You can find the Nesco Food Dehydrator on Amazon for around $60.00!




#5 The Zojirushi Rice Cooker! 


Rice can be a serious pain to cook on the stovetop but getting a rice maker will change your opinion of the food entirely! The nicer rice maker you get the nicer your rice is likely to be! I absolutely love the Zojirushi brand rice makers they make rice in time flat and you really can keep it warm for hours without it drying out! You can even throw vegetables and some meats in with the rice too cook for a great one pot meal!

You can find the Zojirushi Rice Cooker on Amazon for around $225.00!



So that's it for now! I have lot's more great kitchen tips and favorite products to share with you guys! I can't wait! In the meantime be sure to join us on Facebook or send us a Tweet and lets talk about something good to eat!